Tip#1 "CURB APPEAL" – A good first impression will invite a buyer in AND even affect the sell price. Give attention to the following:
- Neat walkway, driveway, shrubs & lawn (remove papers, bikes, etc.)
- Pain decks & trim if needed
- Clean & repair roof & gutters
Tip#2 Be the buyer – Most of us want a perfect home from top to bottom, inside and out. BEFORE listing try to do as many of the following as possible:
- Create bright, spacious & tidy rooms
- Repaint with popular neutral colors
- Clean carpets, windows & blinds
- Repair appliances, plumbing, all sealant (window, tub, shower, sink)
- Kitchen & bathrooms should shine
- Control odors - tobacco, pets, waste receptacles, diapers… (use air fresheners sparingly)
Tip#3 The right price – Establishing current market value will sell your house for the most in the shortest time. I would be happy to explain how this is done.
Tip#4 The selling edge – The more visible & professional the advertising the more likely your property will sell quickly. Ask me about marketing that works.
Tip#5 Plan early – Allow time for repairs, the marketing process (that can take weeks or months) and packing & moving. Keep a record of all moving expenses - some may be tax deductible.